Frequently Asked Questions
Works with Calendars
SyncSign room signs support calendar data from:
- Google Calendar / G-Suite
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange Server*
- NextCloud Calendar (via CalDav)*
- CalDav Calendar*
- CSV file/URL*
- Google Sheets*
(* Supported by SyncSign On-Premise Server only)
- To be able to show a room’s status, SyncSign will need access to read your company’s calendar.
- SyncSign does not access any other data besides meeting information provided through the calendar and does not store this data on our servers in any persistent storage. This data is always stored on G-Suite/Office 365 servers and always streamed to the Hub on-demand in real-time.
- To be able to book a room on the spot, SyncSign will need access to read and write your company’s calendar. No other permissions are necessary.
Even while using SyncSign Cloud, your sensitive data bypasses the cloud and directly goes to the Hubs inside your office. You can use a firewall/whitelist to restrict the communication between the Hub and the outside world.
Meanwhile, SyncSign also provides an On-Premise deployment option. Thus the software is located on your company’s servers and protected by its internal firewall; then, the data is processed entirely in-house.
- For 2.9/7.5-inch, it has two options: black-white-red, black-white-yellow.
- For 4.2-inch, only black & white.
- 2.9/4.2-inch Display: Replaceable coin-size battery (CR2032 / CR3032). 1 year standby.
- 7.5-inch Display: Rechargeable polymer Battery. It only takes 4 hours to be fully charged, and last for about 1 year.
- Usually, the displays stick to the adhesive wall panel; thus, they are detachable. You can replace the 2.9/4.2 inch model’s batteries in place. The 7.5-inch model is rechargeable via a USB Type-C cable, charging is either in place via a power-bank, or detach it and take to your desk.
- The one-year lifetime estimation is based on 30 times screen update per workday, usually sufficient for meeting rooms. Meanwhile, the longer distance between display & hub may lead to extra retries and refreshes, which will drain more batteries.
You will find the battery level of each display on SyncSign App or the web management portal, or through API access.
- The Hub is using both Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and ZigBee (802.15.4), while those Displays is using ZigBee (802.15.4) only.
- 7.5-inch comes with both ZigBee (802.15.4) and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) built-in; Thus, it can download images resources on the Internet directly. It will support working without the Hub in upcoming firmware update (the battery life depends on how frequently it refreshes for new data).
- The e-ink screen are referred to as “reflective displays.” No backlight is used; rather, ambient light from the environment is reflected from the surface of the display back to your eyes.
- Eliminating the need for a backlight significantly increases the battery life versus using a traditional LCD.
- However, you can install a battery powered LED light on the top roof, and make it triggered by human movement.
The hub bridges the low power ZigBee to the WiFi/Ethernet (Internet). The ZigBee wireless network consumes much less power than a typical Wi-Fi network (about 1/100 on average), so the display/sensor can run on a battery.
Only the 7.5-inch model may work without the Hub. It can be setup to connecting Wi-Fi directly.
- Due to the nature of e-paper technology (a low refresh rate), e-paper screens are generally unsuitable for displaying animation or video.
- In addition, there are other factors like connectivity type, RSSI, display size and data size that may add an additional delay to the final refreshing rate of your device. This is why we do not recommend it.
Ordering & Shipping & Warranty
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Bank Transfer (ACH Wire, Check)
- PayPal (VISA, MC, AMEX)
- Payoneer (VISA, MC, AMEX)
Short answer, Yes.
The price of SyncSign digital signage can vary, depending on your needs. We offer a range of pricing options.
Your price will depend on the number of devices you need and whether or not you take advantage of our affordable services and support options. We’re happy to provide a quote for you and answer specific technical questions.
We provide you with one (1) year hardware warranty. This warranty is transferred to you, the user, to support the
hardware components of your integrated SyncSign solution.