Frequently Asked Questions
- To be able to show a room’s status, SyncSign will need access to read your company’s calendar.
- SyncSign does not access any other data besides meeting information provided through the calendar and does not store this data on our servers in any persistent storage. This data is always stored on G-Suite/Office 365 servers and always streamed to the Hub on-demand in real-time.
- To be able to book a room on the spot, SyncSign will need access to read and write your company’s calendar. No other permissions are necessary.
- For 2.9/7.5-inch, it has two options: black-white-red, black-white-yellow.
- For 4.2-inch, only black & white.
- 2.9/4.2-inch Display: Replaceable coin-size battery (CR2032 / CR3032). 1 year standby.
- 7.5-inch Display: Rechargeable polymer Battery. It only takes 4 hours to be fully charged, and last for about 1 year.
- You will find the battery level of each display on SyncSign App or the web management portal.
- The Hub is using both Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and ZigBee (802.15.4), while those Displays is using ZigBee (802.15.4) only.
- 7.5-inch comes with both ZigBee (802.15.4) and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) built-in; Thus, it can download images resources on the Internet directly. It will support working without the Hub in upcoming firmware update (the battery life depends on how frequently it refreshes for new data).
Since the displays are not backlit, do you have any suggestions on how to best achieve night-time readability?
- The e-ink screen are referred to as “reflective displays.” No backlight is used; rather, ambient light from the environment is reflected from the surface of the display back to your eyes.
- Eliminating the need for a backlight significantly increases the battery life versus using a traditional LCD.
- However, you can install a battery powered LED light on the top roof, and make it triggered by human movement.
- Due to the nature of e-paper technology (a low refresh rate), e-paper screens are generally unsuitable for displaying animation or video.
- In addition, there are other factors like connectivity type, RSSI, display size and data size that may add an additional delay to the final refreshing rate of your device. This is why we do not recommend it.